Unique Reinforced Chime Rings Help Reduce Drum Bulge Caused By Increased Material Pressure Inside Your Steel Drum.
Product expansion inside a sealed drum caused by external heat requires special reinforcement to prevent the drum from what can be described as bulging, crowning, or bloating. By applying an additional 12 gauge ring on the top and bottom rolled seam of the drum (the chime), we increase the drums capacity to resist deformation and leaking due to expansion of materials and also protects the seal from damage during loading, shipping, or movement in your facility if the bottom chime hits a sharp or blunt object.
Contact Myers Container today for safe, secure storage and transportation solutions.
UN Rating: 1A1/X1.5/300
Thickness (top/body/bottom): 1.4mm / 1.1mm / 1.4mm
Fittings: 2” X ¾” standard
- Tight Head
- 2 rolling hoops
- Hydrostatic pressure tested to 300 kPa
- Minimum stack mass 794 kg
- Actual stack mass 1320 kg
- Comply with ANSI standards
- Overflow capacity 57.2 – 57.75 gallons (208-218.6 liters)
- All Steel tolerances conform to ISO2547